Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Pete the cat and his peppermint buttons

It's that gingerbread time of year!  I do get tired of doing the same old thing, so I decided to use one of the kid's favorite book characters and make "Ginger Cats".  I think Pete the Cat would think it was groovy!

Our first activity of the day was to read a short adaptive book about Pete's adventures helping a friend who is sick.  

The next task was to decorate our "Ginger Cats".  This activity includes a lot of opportunity for students who use AAC to request, negate, comment, and give attributes.   Examples are: I want dot whiskers. I want striped whiskers. I want two buttons. I like that. I don't like that. He is sick.  You would be amazed at the amount of language this groovy cat generates.   
Here are some examples of our finished product.

The kids enjoyed this activity. Hope your student's enjoy it as much as we did!





No comments:

Post a Comment