Thursday, September 22, 2016

Happy Fall Ya'll!

It is honestly the first day of my favorite season of the year.  I love Fall.  To honor the occasion I am providing ideas for activities to use with your AAC students.


Our first activity uses the popular would you rather game.  Here is a fall edition.  As you can see I have included some SC specific references when it comes to football.  You can make it specific to the area where you live with a few changes.  I used the smartboard to make it a simple choice activity for some of my students.  You can see here what it looks like.
Incorporating food is always fun.  I like to make a fall snack which includes fall colored m&ms, peanuts, and raisins.  If there is a peanut allergy you can substitute another snack food.  I am providing an example of a following directions activity to go with this recipe. 
You can also use this activity for the student to use a communication book or device.  This activity includes core words in and open.  It also allows for requesting, describing, and commenting. 

Enjoy your first Fall day! It still feels like summer in SC! Hopefully, we will start to cool off soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment